Please click on the link above to see some of the comments left by our visitors.
We bought Bankhayes in 1997 and have made a few alterations and extensions over the years. We have an aerial photo of the house taken around 1960 which shows it occupying about half the footprint of today. Much of today’s garden was then given over to the cultivation of vegetables and fruit trees. We also have a copy of the auction details when it was sold in 1956 as Bank Farmhouse. We believe that the core part of the building dates from the mid-
There are five bedrooms: three with double beds, one with three single beds and one small room with a single bed. There is also a z-
The house is pet-
This chiefly comprises a large lawned area, dotted with trees, sloping down to the River Piddle. The source of the Piddle is only a mile or so up the valley at Alton Pancras so the “river” is hardly more than a stream here but it still contains a number of sizeable brown trout. It is one of the most important chalk streams in southern England and enters the sea at Poole harbour.
There are two ponds in the garden: a raised one near the house and a wildlife one close to the river.
The bridleway and unmade road outside Bankhayes is known as ‘Egypt’, after an old gypsy encampment, and is also the route of the old Dorchester to Sherborne road. It leads in one direction to the village church and in the other to the village shop and the Piddle Inn.
Call us during the day and most evenings on the following numbers:
020 8542 6839
We can also be emailed here: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2018 Bankhayes
|Places To Visit|